Since it feels like our blog has been en vacances (it is based on the French after all) September is rentrée for us as well!
So now that we’re back we’ve made a few changes. A new and exciting feature on the Le 15 blog is our ‘Recipe File’. We’ve managed to get famous chefs/hoteliers/bakers (and mothers, grandmothers, chaiwallas, paanwallas and street vendors) to contribute recipes for our readers. If you have a tried and tested recipe, something you swear by, and are willing to share with us, we will be thrilled to feature it in our Recipe File!
The Recipe Files
5th September 2010 – Jalapeño Chocolate Fondant by Rahul Akerkar.
Jalapeño Chocolate Fondant
Bitter Chocolate 225 gm
Sweet chocolate 225 gm
White butter 350 gm
Icing sugar 550 gm
Corn flour 8 table spoons
Egg yolk 8 nos
Whole egg 8 nos
Jalapeños 9 nos medium size
1. Deseed the jalapeños & chop them finely and dry it slowly under a heat lamp or in the oven.
2. Melt both the chocolate and butter together. Add the icing sugar, corn flour and jalapeño in the mixture.
3. Whip the egg yolks and eggs together until fluffy.
4. Fold the whipped egg in the chocolate very gently.
5. Grease a small cake tin and pour in chocolate mixture in the mould and leave it in the fridge for two hours
6. Bake in the oven for 8 to 9 minutes, and then unmold it carefully without breaking. Ensure that the center is not overly cooked & the chocolate is runny.
7. Savour each bite and enjoy!