Hey you guys!
In other news, there are a lot of exciting (and stressful) things happening in my life right now. I recently signed my very first book deal with Penguin India (woohoo!), my dream of a culinary studio in Bombay is finally happening and Studio Fifteen should be up and running in a few weeks (so many amazing chefs and classes! I can't wait for you to see the first month's schedule)... and I turned 27 yesterday.
27 Random musings from a 27 year old
1. It is not easy.
2. Every day brings a new challenge.
3. Running your own business is 24/7 job. You can never turn off
4. It is important to set goals - both short term and long term. Seeing things being ticked off is the biggest motivator to work harder.
5. Dance. It makes everything better.
6. Leave your ego at home.
7. Pick your battles. Sometimes it's ok to give up on the small ones as long as it doesn't affect the bigger picture
8. Nothing clears the mind like a good run with very LOUD music (don't do it every day though please)
9. Smile. Laugh. A lot. Yes, even when you can't.
10. Make a vision board and keep it in your bedroom. Let it be the first thing you see when you wake up.
11. Trust yourself.
12. Never compare yourself to anyone. Nope. Never.
13. Compliment people who are doing a good job. Be firm with the ones that are not.
14. Appreciate things people do for you.
15. Do small thoughtful things for people.
16. Never stop believing that true love exists. I know it does.
17. Ladies - you deserve to be with someone who truly values you.
18. Don't be afraid to take risks! I know it's scary. But even if it doesn't work you'll be better prepared for the next time.
19. Wear red lipstick.
20. The more you give to any relationship, the more you'll get from it. True story.
21. You never have to criticize someone to make yourself feel better. Never. (see point 12)
22. Hugs are the answer to everything. Hug it out.
23. Don't quit. Sometimes all it takes is just another try.
24. If you do quit, don't be too hard on yourself. Sometimes, things have a way of working out.
25. Be kind.
26. Learn to accept your mistakes. We're human and I don't believe we're supposed to be perfect.
27. Everything happens for a reason.